Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Diamond in the Rough...

It's official!

My husband and I just purchased a little cottage near the beach.  We are very excited, but we have a lot of work ahead of us.  First thing to tackle is all the knotty pine paneling.  

Over the next few weeks I will be sharing how you can accomplish painting paneling the right way and just what that entails.  

Here's a look at the house by the water--


As you walk into the house, the first room is a mudroom complete with a built in storage bench.  

The kitchen will be gutted and replaced with beautiful cabinets and granite.

The ceilings are a keeper!

Beach livin' is all-right with me!


Did I mention we have to paint 5 rooms of knotty pine??!!
I chose Chantilly lace by Benjamin Moore and I can't wait to show you the progress!

We'll take it!  
The little man approves.

We are looking forward to many years of fun spending time with our family and friends.  



To follow our progress and share my posts, join me on Facebook.


And as always, I love to hear from MY READERS!  Please leave me comments, post projects you have tried and feel free to ask me questions.


From my HOUSE to your HOUSE, HAPPY HUNTING!

Holly


If you enjoy reading HOUSE by Holly, please click the "like" button at the top of the page for Facebook. Or visit http://www.facebook.com/HouseByHolly and hit "like".  I will be sharing extra tips and tricks on that Facebook page I created.  And as always, I love to hear from MY READERS!  Please leave me comments, post projects you have tried and feel free to ask me questions.








No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!