Wednesday, May 21, 2014

A Summer Patio Inspiration | Doing it on a Dime

Hi Ya'll!
Who's got big plans this weekend?  I am ecstatic that the snow is GONE and the warm weather is upon us. I am from Texas so these Connecticut winters take all the life out of me. I need the sun to dance in!  Seriously.  I am a Summer girl for sure!!

Today I am going to show you how a little money on accessories can transform your patio.  $87.96 to be exact.  As well as, some inspiration for your Spring and Summer planters.  
   

The List:
Fern $10
Hosta $6.96
Umbrella $55
Pillows $16 
Total $87.96

I don't know if it's the "Southern" in me or what, but a fern adds just the right texture to a space.  I love me some fern....
These guys are so easy to grow, just make sure they have some shade.  Mine sits a-top an old birdbath pillar.  The wind broke my bowl over the winter, but no worries I found a new use it for it.  I had a matching pot and slipped the fern right in.  They both came from Ocean State a couple of years ago.

I am obsessed with succulents.  The color, the texture, the simplicity.  This one was a gift but was only $24 at Lowe's.  What a deal!



I am a nautical girl at heart...I grew up on the water.   Stripes behold my heart.  In fact, I think I wear stripes just about every day. These punchy black and white stripe inspired pillows were under $10 each at Walmart. My heart is beating...





  An umbrella is a must to keep cool in the sun.  You may fancy one with a pattern or a solid color...
Just so happens, a cheap one makes me even happier.  Don't be afraid to shop at Ocean State, or Walmart...you never know what you will find.


We have had this furniture for about 7 years. It's a teak set we bought at Target.  It has definitely run it's course, but it might have 1 more year left.  Next week I am going to give it a little love and roll some stain over it.  It will look brand new when I'm done. Hopefully...


Tip: If you have a wrought iron set, spray it black and it will look brand new too.  Paint, color, texture, fabric, and  a little bit of hope can jump start your patio for the Summer's  festivities.  

I am a big fan of perennials in a pot.  They come back year to year and you will save money in the long run.


boxwood perfection.

Love the plants!

  I now only put together a few pots of annuals for color.  I shoot for lime green (potato vine), hot pink (coleus or petunia) , variegated (hosta, caladiums or coleus) with a little bit of texture (fern or goldilocks).  These combinations are all breath taking...

Coleus
Love this!!!  Magic Trick: The Invisible Window Box : Remodelista
Trying to get better at container planting -- this is gorgeous!
shade containers so easy to do, goldilocks for the vine, begonia, fern, lime potato vine, impatiens, lobelia....all found at the greenhouse!

What do you think?  Have you been inspired to give your outdoor space a new look?

**Do you have big plans for the holiday weekend? With all this nice weather I am in the mood to P-A-R-T-Y! Whether its the perfect appetizer, or a delectably adorable dessert, or maybe its the perfect decoration you desire... All can be found on my Party Time inspiration board. Enjoy and get YOUR party on! 


From my House, to your House-- Happy Hunting!!

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Let's Connect!
 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png 

Linking to: Savvy Southern Style
  

4 comments:

  1. Its looking really nice out on your patio, just in time for Spring! I love that succulent pot as well, my favourite plant, pretty much the only one I cant kill!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reminds me home! I’m currently in Australia and having a good time with my friends as we capture the best places of the country. I envy your summer patio which inspires me to do it when I get back home. Love every greenish here! Gorgeous!

    Miranda Farley

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!