Thursday, February 26, 2015

Chalkboard Accessory | Chalk Holder

Hello Readers,

Earlier this week, I shared how I transformed an otherwise boring hallway near our foyer into a magazine worthy mudroom.  




Today I'm going to show you how I came up with the adorable chalk bowl holder.

If you follow my projects regularly you know I like to add a little gold/brass accent to every room I design.  I like to think of it as the cherry on top.  This particular gold accent is one of my favorites.  


I simply turned a vintage cabinet pull upside down and re-purposed it as a chalk bowl.  



But how do I attach this to the wall you may ask?



You insert two nails (backwards) into the holes, hold them straight and by eyeing it to make sure it's level you quickly but firmly press it into the wall just enough to make the marks of where you will need to hammer your nails in.    

Clever, huh?   

 When you hammer your nails in leave at least an inch showing so it can easily slip onto the holes of the cabinet pull.

 Once you have hammered the nails into position, line up the holes on the hardware and firmly press the cabinet pull on the nails and all the way to the wall.  

Now my friends, you too have a unique chalk holder! 

 Enjoy! 


From my House to your House, Happy Hunting!



2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh! Mind blown! Pinned it and will be doing this in our home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. I have a chalkboard wall and would love to have a chalk holder. Thanks for sharing with the Pretty Preppy Party!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!