Friday, November 21, 2014

Last Minute Kid Approved Thanksgiving Table

Hey Turkey's,

The big day is almost here and I know everyone is looking for simple ideas to make this years table better than the last.  


Whether its a card table, a make shift table or simply just the kitchen table.. 

Here's a few inspirational ideas to take your kids table or perhaps your casual Thanksgiving table to another level.  

For the artist in all of us: I used some wrapping paper turned on the back side to create a paper runner for my table.  (Pretty cool, huh? And FREE.)  





Who doesn't like to scribble while they wait for a meal?  It's a great way to get everyone involved!


This is a great idea to be used throughout the year any time you have a casual meal or just for fun.  



Drinks on pedestals:  My kids are a little older and they love to drink out of stemware.. it makes the occasion feel a little more "grown up".   

Milk and apple juice suddenly become fancy.   

Chalk it up:  Last year I painted some Holiday chargers with chalkboard paint.  My kids love the idea of creating while they wait to eat. 

We use these on other occasions as well..  even to practice letters and numbers on a regular evening around our house. 



My kids really enjoyed this wrapping paper runner..  which one will you try this year?  


Here's an interview I did last year with Lifestyle by Design on a Thanksgiving and Christmas table that will sparkle.. on a budget, of course!   By using some things you already have and a few thrifty items -you can get a spectacular table for less.


For more adorable Thanksgiving ideas follow my link on Pinterest --Turkey Day Board.

From my house to your house, Happy Thanksgiving!


 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Looking for other ways to keep up with House by Holly?  I'd love to have you follow me on any of the following: 

 Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter | Houzz


1 comment:

  1. I just love the paper runner and I will bring it to Thanksgiving for my Grandchildren to design a beautiful Thanksgiving table! Love all your ideas! They inspire me! Happy Thanksgiving Holly!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!