Wednesday, August 13, 2014

A Nautical Room | The Rope Wins Again

Hello Fellow DIY'ers, 

Today I am sharing a super easy project that is not only easy on the wallet, but easy for the not so crafty.  I recently purchased this fabulous Nate Berkus for Target mirror at a thrift store for $10.  The mirror had a slight scratch on the paint, but I felt it was minor enough since I would probably paint it a different color anyways...

I chose a nice creamy cream color and decided to only cover the red finish keeping the gold accent. 

Once finished I could never really find the 'perfect spot' for this mirror in my home. 
Until now.  I knew this mirror would be fabulous wrapped in rope!  Sorry, Nate Berkus...

I started at the bottom and wrapped the line around and around. 
Since this mirror has an octagon shape, I creased the line to bend it where each time I went around a corner.  This ensured to keep the rope with an angle instead of rounding the edges. 

Bottom Line: All in this project took about 20 minutes and I used some existing rope I had on hand that was purchased at Lowe's.  I also used my trusty glue gun to adhere the rope to the mirror.  You could use any existing mirror in your home to perk up for this project.

I absolutely love how this mirror turned out and I have the perfect spot for it. I also love the price-- $10.  

A few weeks ago, I gave an old dresser (that the previous home-owners left behind) a couple of coats of paint in Benjamin Moore's | Chantilly lace and changed up the hardware.  Such an easy thing to do to change the look of a piece of furniture.  Don't you think?





And as always: None of my rooms are complete without a touch of brass.  It's like an engagement ring for your room. I feel like it adds a level of sophistication.


This brass sailboat hook completes the look.  I took it from behind the existing bathroom door, so it was (you guessed it!) FREE. 


My daughter painted this nautical crayon and watercolor masterpiece a couple of years ago right when we purchased The Beach Bunker.  I knew instantly it would be framed and displayed in this house.  


Are you ready to get your 'ROPE ON'?  Do you love Nautical home decor?  What do you think about my Nautical mirror for less?

From my house to your house, Happy Hunting!

 photo bcae8504-8846-4d56-8a1e-e38ee54656cf_zpsf2f14c24.jpg

Let's Connect!

 photo pinterest_zpsce3157c2.png  photo facebook_zps6e141a1a.png  photo email_zps02408533.png  photo youtube_zps504f1e67.png


More of my Nautical Projects that may inspire you...just click on the link for the inspiration:   










Linking to: Savvy Southern Style

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!