Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Let the Tag Sale Season BEGIN!!!

On your mark, get set, GO!

Every 1st Saturday of the month from May to October I take off very early in the morning.  It's the only time that I actually have to set an alarm to get up.  The early bird gets the worm!

Last year I discovered an app for my phone called Yardsaletreasuremap.com.  I thought I had died and gone to heaven!  The app actually pings and maps out  all the tag sales within 30 miles of your house (that are advertised on Craigslist). Did I mention IN ORDER?!!!! Genius!  Why couldn't I have came up with that?

I have found some amazing things from the years of doing this.  I completely outfited a ski chalet my husband and I bought.  We rented a house 9 years ago with 6 bedrooms.  No problem!   Did I mention the Waterford, Wedgewood and Ironstone pieces I found?!

I love finding treasures from tag sales and thrift stores!  You truly never know what you will find.  One day, I hope to open a store with all the things I find.  Revamping them and turning around to sell them AGAIN.  How cool would it be to take my little blog House by Holly and turn it into a retail shop?  Big DREAM!

So this first Saturday, I passed up on selling my own junk in the neighborhood tag sale and hit the bricks to find some SHINY USED TREASURES.

Here's the goodies I found people!


What did I do with them?  I'm so glad you asked...


The popcorn bowl was $1.  While it would be super cute to hold popcorn for one, I had another idea...  Turn it around and plop a faux boxwood ball on top.  


After all, it looks just like the beautiful white porcelain that is so popular right now.  I would even consider putting an herb in it.  It can be our little secret...


This garden cloche was a steal for $2.  I just couldn't believe my eyes!  It's HUGE.


This cloche holds its true purpose in my landscaping--to protect my plants from the cold with some SERIOUS character.   Are you drooling, yet?  I am...


I am so into lanterns right now, why not snatch this one up too and keep it for my very own?


For $10 this is a no-brainer for a coffee table or dining table outside.


This little china bowl is gorgeous!  Look at the detail on the gold and the deep navy blue... AND I only paid $2 for it.


It's a PERFECT MATCH for my china and is a great addition to use as a serving piece.  Let's see... sugar cubes, after dinner mints, cranberry sauce to name a few things I would put in it...


This 3 level serving piece was $5 and is great for appetizers or little desserts.   


mmm...do you want a cookie?


I love the details on the plates!


AND you can switch the plates out for another set to kick it up a notch..  I think I will use these for Christmas.


Not bad for $20 buckaroos! Woot! Woot! Can I get a witness??

Whether you call it Tag Sale, Garage Sale, Yard Sale, Estate Sale, or Church Rummage Sale-- I can't wait to see what I will find next time. Do you have any Shiny Used Treasures that you are excited about?  I'd love to see them.  Click here to post them on House by Holly's Facebook page.

Until then--
From my House to your House, Happy Hunting!

Holly

If you enjoy reading HOUSE by Holly, please click the "like" button at the top of the page for Facebook. Or visit http://www.facebook.com/HouseByHolly and hit "like".  I will be sharing extra tips and tricks on that Facebook page I created.  And as always, I love to hear from MY READERS!  Please leave me comments, post projects you have tried and feel free to ask me questions.

Linking to
Southern Hospitality
A Stroll Thru Life
Savy Southern Style
Shabby Nest

3 comments:

  1. What fantastic finds! I just LOVE the over-sized cloche. :-) And the little china bowl is just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A girl after my own heart. I totally love your treasures. Of course the cloche stole my heart since I have a few and love them all. I also really like the tiered server. Thanks tons for joining TTT. Love it all. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I saw your feature over at Marty's and had to come by and "meet" you. :-) You have so many great ideas and projects here and I look forward to coming by often!
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my HUNT!